Today was really wonderful. I got my own set of keys to MY office, so I finally feel at home. It's starting to sink in that I belong in this department now, that I'm a part of the university, and that I have a place/purpose here. All good feelings indeed.
|This is where the goddess writes, or errr... here's my office.|
So, with that in mind, here are my Fall 2012 goals. By the time the new year ball drops once again, I will:
1. Have survived my first semester as a full time prof. No, I'll have THRIVED, being the best damn teacher possible. I hope to finish the semester smiling, in need of respite, yes, but ready for another set of kiddos.
2. Poem. I want to keep writing I HAVE to keep writing. By the end of 2012, I want to have written a total of 30 pages of poems for the year, which means I need about nine new ones.
3. Submitting. I still need to keep submitting to reach my goal of 100 rejection letters. I'll keep at it.
4. Fiction. I want to try NaNoWriMo again this year, though it falls at a really difficult time. I've got a novel idea swimming around in my head: Juno's Midlife Crisis
5. ... Scholarly writing. I need to get serious. Like, for reals.