Bios and pictures

With my book coming out in the near future (I LOVE WRITING THIS!) I now have the happy but stressful task of doing my bio and getting my author picture taken.

Playing around with the tone of my bio is tough. My book's a little on the serious side, and whenever I've written my bio in the past, I'm silly about it. For example:

Here's the bio I submitted for the Human Slavery conference:

K. is first and foremost a writer. In her spare time, she teaches 6th grade English in Santa Rosa. She is also an MFA scholar at the University of Texas Pan American, where she concentrates on poetry. She lives in Edinburg with her soul mate and many cats.

Eh? too lighthearted.

K. is first and foremost a writer. In her spare time, she teaches 6th grade English in a tiny town called Santa Rosa. She is also an MFA student at the University of Texas Pan American, where she concentrates on poetry. Katherine lives in Edinburg, Texas with her many cats and her soul mate. She is a vegetarian who believes in love at first sight, and happily ever after.

Too cutesy!

Now, neither of these are fit to grace the back of my first book!

Here's what I have so far...

K. was born in rural Wisconsin, but moved to south Texas at an early age. She received her BA in English from the University of Texas Pan American and is currently pursuing her MFA in creative writing. Her poetry and fiction have appeared in various literary journals. Katherine taught English in a small south Texas border town for several years, and now works at UTPA. Although she has traveled extensively through Europe, the Middle East, and Mexico, Katherine will always call this borderland home. She currently lives in Edinburg, Texas with her soul mate and her many cats.

Better? Well the tone is more serious, but it's still me.

Now for a picture? Ahhh!!

Comments