Poet: A Full Time Job

If only, right?

Yikes, life's gotten busy and complicated and beautiful. Who knew?

So it's been about three weeks now since I've had time to put pen to paper and write. The quiet white page awaits, but my mind's simply been occupied. With? Teaching, readings, working, editing...

Is it a coincidence that I've also successfully loaded a PSX emulator on my netbook and am replaying old RPGs? Oh, no no no... that has nothing to do with my most recent poetry failures... lol.

So I think I need to get back to prioritizing. It's a constant struggle, but one that is oh so worthwhile :)

In other more cheery news:

I have some readings lined up!

Tonight I will be participating in this:

Sin Fronteras Virtual Poetry Reading

Time Friday, October 14 · 8:30pm - 10:30pm




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Location Smithsonian Latino Virtual Museum Distance Learning Center



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Created By The Smithsonian Latino Virtual Museum



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



More Info Time is based on EST zone. 8:30 EST.



Smithsonian LVM in collaboration with Mouthfeel Press presents a virtual poetry read featuring:



Laura Cesarco Eglin (Llamar al agua por su nombre)

Elisa A. Garza (Fronteras)

Nancy Lorenza Green (Crucified River)

Katherine Hoerth (Among the Mariposas)

ire'ne lara silva (furia)

Cassandra Love (Swagger is a Woman)

Amalio MadueƱo Cuyamungue)

Juan Manuel Portillo (passwords_)





The stage will be open to writers of all genres after the presentation.



To participate please go to http://latino.si.edu/education/LVM_Main.htm.



You will need an avatar and headset/microphone. For more information contact: (202) 633-1240, or Maria Miranda Maloney at (915)261-8502.



Visit www.latinovirtual.blogspot.com, for author information.


And many many more events soon to come. More updates coming soon. I've got work to do :::elongated sigh:::

Comments

  1. HELLO KATIE: MY NAME IS LUIS HINOJOSA, I AM FROM MEXICO CITY. CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR E MAIL ACCOUNT PLEASE? AND, WHERE CAN I BUY AMONG THE MARIPOSAS? BEST REGARDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luis! Thanks for stopping by the blog :-) You can reach me via email at kghoerth@gmail.com. If you'd like to purchase a copy of Among the Mariposas, you can get them on the Mouthfeel Press website at mouthfeelpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS, I WILL BUY IT. YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BLOG, I AM YOUR FOLLOWER. BEST REGARDS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment