Amarillo Bay!

I have some exciting news to share!

First of all, I have a handful of poems up at Amarillo Bay

And second of all, I'm going to be taking over as Poetry Editor, starting with the next issue in August!

I couldn't be more excited about this news. I've been an assistant poetry editor before, I've been on editorial committees and have helped make decisions, but this time, it's all up to me. I get to read the submissions, decide what gets in, send out rejection/acceptance letters, copy edit, the whole nine yards.

So far, I've really enjoyed working with AB. The other editors are super nice and welcoming. And believe it or not, I like sifting through slush piles. For me, it's an exciting prospect, to dig through submissions, looking for gems. I even sent out my first rejection letter yesterday :D

So do take a look at the journal, and if it suits your fancy, send a submission in. My goal is to respond back with personal notes to everyone who submits. No form letters here! I want the process to be personal, not mechanical.

It's exciting just to think about. I can't wait!

Comments