Another one out!

Submitted this afternoon to New Plains Review!

I sent out Black D'orsays, Just Words, and Upon Hearing Bruno Speak Spanish.

You know, I've been meaning to do another submission to this publication all week long and I've been putting it off and putting it off. And now, finally, it's done, out there, can't take it back. I think I just felt really intimidated, and everytime I go back and look at my pieces I feel less confident about them.

I need to write more, better...

I don't know, I'm having more self doubt lately. I think I'm ready for some more poetry classes. I've done a lot of work this summer, but it is hard to stay motivated on your own. Entering into a community of poets helps, just because I can bounce ideas, images, ect off on other people and I don't feel so weird, say - for example, writing about seducing a man in the poetry section of the library while reading Whitman. Aye. I'm a weirdo.

I shouldn't be afraid of my obsessions. But it's so hard. I just imagine the people reading my work thinking what a strange person I must be. And then I think of reading my work in front of a thesis committee... and what if no one takes it seriously? :-( So many unknowns. This is going to be an interesting academic year.

But I will make it though!

So my summer writing, successful. I produced a few good pieces, and have a lot of raw journaled material to work with which will be helpful. Now I'm switching gears a bit - away A LITTLE BIT from writing for the next few weeks and I'm going to start focusing on organizing what I have, polishing, and conceptualizing the thesis. That way, when I meet with Dr. S next month, I won't look like a complete blundering bafoon.

With a little bit of luck and a lot of hard work ahead.

And then there's the prospect of PhD program apps. Ahhh I don't even want to think about it!!!!

Comments