I Am My Own Writer's Block.

Its so true, too.

You see, I've been having a beautifully productive week this week. I've written TWO poems in two days. They've come out pretty good too, needing only a little editing here and there but for the most part they were born in one good piece. Yay!

So I was really looking forward to coming into the office today and sitting down at my keyboard to type out number 3. And a little thought snuck into my head, "Katie," it said, "you've already passed your goal for the week!"

And I thought to myself, huh... yeah I have haven't I?

Since then, I haven't been able to write.

You see, I'm so goal oriented. Who ever heard of being too goal oriented? But that's me, I do it to a fault.

I do everything to a fault. Geez. No wonder I haven't had any pubs lately.

But in better news~ I HAVE been arranging my thesis! I've been adding my latest poems, thinking of names for my sections, ect. Its very exciting work. Right now maybe my mind is more in an editing mode? Ah, enough with your excuses you pathetic excuse for a poet.

:-P

By the way - I'm my own worst critic too.

(and my biggest fan) wait... my only fan :D

Comments