Open Mic at Ambrosia

Ok, so last night was pretty neat.

I convinced Bruno at accompany me to Ambrosia last night for the open mic. I brought with me some new poems, had in my belly a delicious homemade dinner and glass of good old fashioned courage ;-) That always makes readings a little bit easier.

We got there a little late. My uber supportive parental units were there already. Aww :) Unfortunately, the AC wasn't working in the coffee shop and well, that coupled with south texas heat and my mom... they don't mix. They had to leave before I got to the mic. I was one of the last poets to read, anyway.

La erika introduced me, and... she made me sound all badass! :-D She mentioned my book and my award, and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I read That Sort of Woman, a new poem Eros, and Upon Hearing Bruno Speak Spanish. I even embarressed Bruno a little bit, calling him out to the crowd. But he likes it ;-)

I like ambrosia because it's small and intimate. I didnt' feel real nervous going up there, with so many familiar faces in the crowd. It was the usual crew, a great and supportive group of poets. You know, it really makes a big difference being a part of a poetry community.

I'll post pics up later. I have a new biggest fan, my brubru :) He kept raving about my car poem, and my Spanish. Aww... que romantica.

Comments