Breakwater Review Issue is Live!

So now you have another place to access my lovely work on the net! Check out Breakwater Review Issue 5. Please do it right now I promise you won't regret it.

And if that's not enough Katie poetry for you, may I also send you here: to the Writers of the Rio Grande website, where they've reprinted Chocolate Sundae. That's one of my favorites to read, since its about ice cream and other delicious things (like boys). 

In other Katie news, I'm going to be reading at the next Carino's Cares event! Here's all the juicy details:


Time
Wednesday, July 13 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

Location
Carino's Italian
421 E. Nolana Loop
McAllen, TX




More Info
Enjoy an incredible night of Poetry paired with Pasta & Vino.

Our MC for this special engagement is:

Brenda Nettles-Riojas

Brenda Nettles Riojas is the author of La Primera Voz Que Oí. She is working on her MFA in creative writing through the University of New Orleans and has completed residencies in Spain, México, and Italy. She is a founder of the Rio Grande Valley International Poetry Festival.

The non-profit benefiting from this special night is RGV Educational Broadcasting, Inc. It is a nonprofit corporation, which operates KMBH-DT38, KMBH-FM 88.9, KHID-FM 88.1 - the Rio Grande Valley's PBS and NPR affiliates and provides a variety of educational programming and services.



And if you're looking for something to do tomorrow, Dr. Jose Rodriguez, a fancy poet from SUNY, will be here in El Valle reading at the McAllen Barnes and Noble on Nolana at 4pm. Go. You won't regret it. I read with Jose before he was Dr.and before he had a book to his name. He was pretty much awesome back in the day, and I'm pretty sure now he's exponentially more awesome.


 In perhaps slightly less interesting news: My attempts to break my coffee addiction have failed miserably. Out of concern for my stomach ulcers, I went coffeeless today, up until about ten minutes ago. I feel like a person again. Bruno says maybe I can still drink coffee, just add milk to balance the acid. So now I'm taking my coffee with a touch of skim. Not bad. It tastes almost just as good as before.


The poetry and ulcer saga will continue... hold on to your seats.

Comments