All Apologies

LOL, I heard a story this morning on Kurt Cobain on NPR. It brought be back to my teenage years, listening to Nirvana, thinking I was so unbelievably cool B-)

But now I'm a poet, and so much cooler.

Ok anyway, I know I've been a terrible blogger lately. I really wanted to hit this blog with a fantastic post outlining my goals. And then it hit me -- what are my goals?

You know, in the past I've always been so goal oriented, and now, here I am, achieving them one by one... and it leaves me feeling, I don't know, mysteriously empty.

So for the past few weeks I've been doing a bit of, oh I'll just throw this cliche out there, "soul searching," and I think I've come to a good place in my life.

My goals? Are to be the greatest person I can be. And, however that materializes, well, I know I can handle it.

So anyway, I took my GRE last week and it went well. It's another step towards applying the the PhD programs I've outlined, so that feels good. But, is that what I really want? I'm not sure... in this very moment anyway. I mean, I know I'll get there, sooner or later. But for now -- I just need to enjoy being content.

With?

My job! I am completely loving my teaching position at STC. I look forward to my evening classes, to planning my lectures, and yes -- in some twisted way, to grading. I'm absorbed, obsessed, and totally into this, just as I feared :D

Other than that? Well, with GRE craziness I took a bit of a hiatus on the writing thing, but this week I've gotten that groove back. I wrote another poem which started in free verse but has become metrical and... I'm pretty happy with it. Being workshopless, it's hard for me to be completely self aware of my work BUT, I'm getting there.

And what else? Oh, readings. Of course. I'm excited about an upcoming reading, which will be discussed in my next post.

The goal of this post (hah!), was to say -- my apologies for not blogging, that I'm still here alive and well, and that I am still very much filled with poetry.

As shall always be, amen!

Comments