Texas Poet Laureate Jan Seale Reading



There's the Texas Poet Laureate Jan Seale reading at the Mcallen Creative Incubator last Friday. I was fortunate enough to have been invited to read, too! I sure had a fantastic time. It helped, also, that I was in the company of many many friends -- El Valle's very own poetry community.

I could write on and on about what happened, but perhaps some pictures would be appropriate? Yes, yes of course!


Me, taking the stage in all my dorky excitedness, which seemed to emerge on more than one occasion this particular evening.


Here I am! Reciting my "Goddess in Cowgirl Boots" sonnet. Oh what fun, what fun!


I'm a big fan of candid shots! But me, I'm front and left, next to Vanessa Brown, then Brenda Nettles Riojas, Rossy Lima, and Shawn Elliot. Up on top? From left -- Edward Vidaurre, some girl I don't know, Daniel Garcia Ordaz, Kaitlin Martin, JAN SEALE! Rachel Vela and Erika Garza Johnson. Yeah... we're a fierce bunch. 


Oh oh oh! I was just about to go up to Jan and ask her to sign my book. Yeahhhh I get a little excited sometimes...


Here I am, trying to contain myself and NOT say something completely dorky.


Jan Seale, telling me to talk to the hand, missy. Nah I'm kidding, Jan was WONDERFUL! We chatted it up for awhile, and she was super friendly. Her poems are pretty much fantastic.

By the way -- All photos courtesy of Illeana Garcia Spitz, master of the camera B-)

So the reading went really well; I was honored to be a part of it. I hope this is the first of many readings with Jan!

Comments