Edward's Book Release Party

Photo by Christopher Rocha

What a blast of an evening!

Last Wednesday, August 3rd, I had the pleasure of throwing my good friend, Edward Vidaurre, a book release party. We'd been planning this sucker for a little over a month now, and it was so wonderful to see it all come to fruition. Numerous special guests took the stage, including PW Covington, Brian Allen Carr, Odilia Galvan Rodriguez, Julieta Corpus, Cesar De Leon and Daniel Garcia Ordaz. We had about fifty or so people in attendance.

Edward, of course, gave an amazing reading as per always.

We also had a wonderful musical guest, Mr. Jose Sanchez, perform for us. 

I was the M.C! Or the G.C -- I hate the word "mistress" of ceremonies, so I'm changing it to Goddess of ceremonies.

Anyway, I don't think there was a better way to spend a summer evening than on the patio, drinking good beer, in the best company imaginable. Was it a lot of work? You betcha it was. Will I do it again? Of course. My next event is already in the works! Likely until late November/early December I'll be throwing a big ol' celebration for the semester's close and ushering the students who survived my creative writing course into the literary community.

Community. How amazingly blessed am I to have such writer friends? 

Comments