Productivity Pitfalls

Found this today while surfing.

Top 10 Productivity Pitfalls for Writers to Avoid


http://writersdigest.com/article/productivity-pro

Oh boy, do most of these apply to me or what?

I mean, I'm pretty good at setting goals and following through. Lately - I've been true to my goal of writing daily, submiting biweekly, and polishing up more or less a poem a week. And I'm working towards my larger goal of the thesis.

I understand that everything is one step at a time. But my problem is that sometimes I let negativity get the best of me. Fear is something that I'm used to now, and I really try not to let that get in the way of TRYING. I honestly think that my control over my fear is what separates me from many of my collegues. Failure? I hate it, but I'm not afraid of it.

And as far as the whole isolation thing, well... right now I suffer a little from that but taking my workshop class this coming fall will help :-)

I think I'm well on my way. Anyway... I just have to emerse myself a little more and put my entire self into my pieces. I can do it!!!

Comments