End of the Semester "Now What?" Feeling

So...

Yeah.

I know. I've been a punk lately.


I've been blogging, yes, just not here. Booo me.

Today marks the beginning of my vacation state of mind. It also marks the beginning of delving back into my crazies and thinking of myself as a writer again. Gone are the burdens of wearing pants three days out of the week! I have a month off from work, and I'm determined to make headway on my novel.

I know, I know, eyes are a'rollin' -- you always say you're going to work on your novel, Katie!

But you know what? Since I've last blogged, I've cranked out a first draft of my first novel X-D That's right, that's right, that's right. My plans are to revise it for the next six or so months, so by the time summer rolls around, I'll have another submittable manuscript in my hands. It's an entirely new project, and I'm a little excited about it. 

It feels eerily strange to have time to myself now, to not have a slough of student emails to answer, an enormous stack of papers to grade, though the expectation to actually get creative work done is, I'd say, equally stressful. But it's a good stress, right? Err... sure, keep telling yourself that.

In other Katie news, I'm now getting paid to blog over at Inside Higher Ed. My first post just went live today. I'm going to be covering poetry book review assignments. Why not mosey on over and take a looksie? Of course, because I love you, I'll still be givin' it away for free over here on my blogspot though :-) :-) :-)

Comments