Why November is My Favorite Month

Happy November!

Yes, yes, ten days late. But whatever -- I've been busy.

There are a few things I LOVE about November, this time of the year.

First, it means the year is winding down. We've only two months left of 2012, and that tends to get a fire under my butt to reach my annual goals. This month has been no exception.

I've only got two months left to get rejection letters, and I'm currently short by 13! Ah! I need to send some submissions off to some quickie publications. On that note, I did send off a submission today :) One with a low acceptance rate, which means a high chance of rejection. Yay.

I HAVE been getting a few acceptance lately, too! A nice side effect of my rejection mission is that sometimes, sometimes, things work out. Three in the past month. Booya.

What else do I love about November?

It also means the semester is fixing to finish. My first semester as a full-time instructor has been great, but I'm so looking forward to a break. I'm starting to see the "fruits" of my labors, so to speak, in my students' writing. Yay. I feel important.

And then, of course, there's NaNoWriMo, that one time of the year when everyone cheers each other on to finish an insanely ambitious goal. My November novel is a little slow going. I'm behind on my word count, but I REALLY believe in my plot, my stories, my characters. It started off as a humorous type story, but it's morphing into something important (I think). So I'm excited about the prospect. Will this be my first FINISHED novel? I hope so. Anyway, I love Nanowrimo because it's all about goals, about motivation, about writing without second guessing yourself. Starting a novel is scary, but nano takes away my excuses and makes me just... write.

November is also my birthday month :) I'm turning twenty-six. Birthdays are always a time of self-reflection for me. What have I done with this time?

Plus there's pie.

And beards... mmmm... Novembeards.

X-D

Comments

  1. November is a great month! You know what else is great? This blog :)
    Happy early birthday by the way! May I follow your blog?

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can follow! Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment