Tropical Storm Hermine

Oh man...

I was so hoping to have an extended labor day weekend thanks to this tropical storm. But alas, here I am in my office...

Last night I was so cursing about how ridiculous it was to have school/work today. Oh my! Tornado warnings?! and I have to drive in that? Insane!

I went to bed amidst the whistling of wind out my window, listening to the pangs of rain drops on the roof - curled up and just a little bit scared. I'm such a wuss, I wouldn't fall asleep until bruno came to bed and held me. Ugh. I disgust myself sometimes.

And so this morning I wake up to clear skies, a cool breeze, and the world is just a little bit wetter. Ah - ok... so the UTPA administration knows a little bit more about meteorology than this lazy poet does. Good call, people, good call. It would have been somewhat silly to stay home on a beautiful day like today (although, let's be honest - I would have thoughoughly enjoyed it!).

So... last Friday I submitted to Sycamore Review. And... hmm... I guess that's all the news for me. Gosh I'm in a rut lately. I haven't had a pub in awhile. Hopefully this changes soon.

My Labor Day weekend consisted of family BBQ, a rained out artwalk, baking two cheesecakes, and having much time to laze around. I'll call it a success, even though I didn't even get one word on the page.

Ok - so today its back to reality. Back to work. Back to the empty page. Back to submissions. Back to school. Let's get on this, Katie. Or else you'll go nowhere.

Comments