Corazon Bilingue

Today was an interesting day...

Brenda Nettles Riojas, the host of Corazon Bilingue, interviewed me today for her radio show! I had such a wonderful time just talking about poetry, language, and the Rio Grande Valley. Though I was uber nervous, after just a little while, it only felt like a conversation between friends. 

If you live in the Rio Grande Valley or in College Station, you'll be able to hear the interview on your local public radio station. If not, no worries, Brenda assured me there would soon be a podcast available for download on the Corazon Bilingue website. There will even be a "bonus track" available only on the website where I read a slightly steamy poem, too steamy for public radio!

Anyway, I hope you'll tune in! You'll be able to hear me in all my nervous and dorky glory.

Listen to Corazón Bilingüe, Saturdays at 11:30 a.m.
and Sundays at 3 p.m. on KMBH FM 88.9/88.1, an
NPR affiliate in the Rio Grande Valley and Saturdays
at 4:30 p.m. on KEOS FM 89.1, College Station, TX

My specific interview will be on July 21st and 22nd, just in time for The Garden Uprooted's release! 

I was just reflecting today how blessed I am to have such an awesome poetry community behind me. I would by no means have all the opportunities and such were it not for all the people who rally behind me and show their support, both local and far away. Ok I'm signing off before I start to get sappy...

Comments