Napowrimo 21

I'm behind again -_- why do these days have to be so busy??

Today's task was to write a kenning poem. I kinda sorta did it and also broke the rules.

You are

You are
Large, the heat-creator,
My day swirls around your needs
Like planets swirl around the sun.
Globe-devourer,
hunger-creator,
earth-rumbler.
You always want more,
Need more,
Morning, noon, and night,
Swallowing pancakes like worlds,
Sandwiches like stars,
Salads like atoms,

Fusing them together,
Energy-begetter.

You are my catch-basin of all,
Of desire, where everything
Ends up, life-nourisher,
A pillow for the head.

You are the life-cradler,
Underneath this skin,
Miracle-generator,
a tiny place where cells
join and leap into being.

You are a truth-knower –
Rising in hope
And sinking in despair,
A gut-wrencher,
A pain-holder,
An everything-swallower,
Spit, food, hopes, sadness
Into your darkness
Into your light.

You are
Always expanding
With my breath,
Always contracting
With my breath.
I suck you in
Hold you in,
You jean-filler,
You button-buster,
You cheek-flusher,
Embarrassment,
Hide you from the world,
You skin-stretcher,
From the times I fed you,
Denied you everything
Because your wailing
Brought me comfort.

You are
The tickle-receiver
The giggle-generator,
Meadow of peach fuzz
And the softest of my skin --
The panza,
The road, the trodden trail,
Portal to another world

Before the world began.

Comments